Today we’re reviewing this clip-on ring light for your iPhone (affiliate link). This light mimics a professional ring light many video bloggers use (see photo in video). The professional light goes around the lens and give a image a nice, pretty. even light on your face. This particular one is much smaller. It actually clips to your iPhone around your lens so that the image is clear and you (the subject) get an even light on your face.
What I Love About This Ring Light
- Price. This light goes for (as of this posting) $15.99 and is available on Prime via Amazon. It’s a best seller in terms of ring lights for phones.
- Rechargeable. You never have to replace the batteries with this…just plug it in and recharge it.
- 3 Lighting Levels. Just click the button and each click gives you a different level of light: low, medium, and high.
What I Don’t Like
- Too Bright. Maybe it’s because my arms aren’t long enough, but even when I extend my arm as far as I can, I feel like I’m too bright. My recommendation is to not use it ON your phone, rather clip it to something BEYOND your phone so you get a nice glow, but not so bright.
- Color of the Bulbs. This may sound strange, but there are different colors of bulbs and this one kicks off a bluer…cooler tone. Typically when you’re on camera, you want a bit warmer tone than what this light provides. Again, I recommend that you put the light a bit further away from your face to lessen the “blueness” of the light.
I think this light has several good qualities in that the price is right, it’s small enough to fit in your pocket, it’s rechargeable, and it has several brightness levels. I can’t give this product a full thumbs down because of how bright it is or the color it produces, so I’d have to say that in the right circumstances, this product is a great value and a good tool to use. The link below is the affiliate link for the product on Amazon.
If you have a product you would like me to review, please drop it in the comments below and I’ll see if I can review it.